Wednesday, March 12, 2008

REMARKS PREPARED FOR DELIVERY AT THE DIAMOND DUTCH TREAT LUNCHEON, SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, MARCH 15, 2008, AT 12:30 PM

John McCain has become the presumptive Republican nominee for president. He is a good choice for the GOP and I am certainly going to support him. I am withdrawing from the presidential race this year and might start a campaign for 2012 instead.
And I'm going to ask the Democratic candidates to join McCain, TN Senators Bob Corker and Lamar Alexander and Memphis Congressman Steve Cohen and other elected officials to either adopt my plan or craft a better one. Obama's slogan is "Yes, we can..." Clinton is trying to top it with "Yes, we will..." My slogan is "Yes, I Do..."
"Yes, I do have a plan to solve the shortage of organs for transplant. Do you?" It's a question every candidate for office should have to answer! We may establish a 501(c)3 group in order to focus more attention on the organ issue. And we will continue to utilize our alternative campaign website, DiamondForPresident.blogspot.com,
to encourage supporters to suggest solutions to other issues. That website invites anyone to submit legislative proposals, which would then be refined by other visitors.

No comments: